Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Taming by Alyx C. LaCroix



A princess unwittingly betrayed
Princess Eudora of Cieala is sent by her father, Valin, to the Passion Kingdom in order to seize control of its formidable army for the power-hungry King.
A prince with the power of gods
With his kingdom standing unknowingly on the brink of war, Aja, prince of the Passion Kingdom, agrees to wed the Ciealan princess against his wishes for freedom. By securing her to him, he unlocks a power in her to rival his own and a maelstrom of lust that could consume them both.
A world with but one salvation
The Passion Kingdom is the first and last defense against a recently awakened ancient evil. With archaic magic awakened and the world on the verge of chaos, only the rightful rulers of the Passion Kingdom can lead an army to triumph over the forces of evil, or sentence humankind to an eternal oblivion.

Alyx C. LaCroix knows how to weave a fantasy together that the reader can almost step out and touch the atmosphere. I loved the way that the descriptions and character developments progressed so that the reader could imagine everything perfectly. If I closed my eyes then I could imagine the Passion Kingdom. I was left wanting to move there and learn how to use magic.
            Eudora was such an innocent when the book started that I wasn’t sure if she would be able to deal with the way people lived in the Passion Kingdom. And Aja was such an asshole I wanted to reach through the book and smack him. But as their relationship developed I was surprised at the way they each became more than they were and began to understand each other.
            The kingdoms fighting at the end was not surprising but I am surprised at the twists and turns made throughout the battle. There was good build up and the resolved atmosphere was perfect.
            The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was that the sex scenes seemed to be very tame. For a Passion Kingdom and the people having to ‘tame their passions’ I was surprised by the lack of detail. There was enough that it was a turn on but I felt like it was limited. Not bad, but limited.
            Overall I gave this book 4 stars. I really liked it and the idea of a world that was well described and while different, was easily relatable made this book very good.

Publisher: Siren Publishing
ISBN: 160601207X
Price: $6.50 (Bookstrand)
www.freewebs.com/alyxlacroix/

No comments:

Post a Comment