Thursday, January 31, 2013

Nauti Boy by Lora Leigh



Marine Rowdy Mackay has returned home to Kentucky-and to the girl he left behind: Kelly Benton. But before they can engage in the erotic games that have earned him his Nauti boy reputation, he must fight to save her from the deadly threats of a stranger.

Lora Leigh does a wonderful job of describing the scenes, characters, and emotions of the book. I was feeling they terror that Kelly was feeling when the man was stalking her. The connection that Rowdy and Kelly felt for each other was described so perfectly that I was feeling emotions right along with them. Excellent job Lora Leigh, excellent job.

Now that I’m done praising the author for that I must praise her again for her sex scenes. Another excellent job. They were arousing and made you wish that you were Kelly…or Rowdy, if you’re a male reading her books. Speaking of which, she did an excellent job switching points of view. Part of the book was written from Kelly’s point of view and the other from Rowdy’s which was all third person but still really well done. It wasn’t hard to follow at all.

There’s one part of the book that I have to point out that people/readers might have a moral issue with. Kelly and Rowdy are step-siblings. I know that they are not related by blood but some people can take the point of view that because they were raised together that they shouldn’t think of each other like that. I understand that point of view but I think that people should look beyond that because these two were obviously meant for each other and really, truly in love.

One other thing I want to mention is that Kelly’s last name has not been clearly stated in this book. In the above description pulled off of Amazon.com she is called Kelly Benton. However, her name in Nauti Nights was referred to as Kelly Salyers. I don’t know if Amazon.com was wrong or if something changed that I missed in the naming somewhere. Anyway just a strange coincidence that I thought I’d mention in case anybody else runs across it.

In the end I’m rating this book 4.5 stars. This was really well written. The plot was well thought out. The character relationships were well thought out. All around applause for Lora Leigh and Nauti Boy.

Publisher: Berkley
ISBN-13: 978-0425231128
Price: $7.99 (amazon paperback)
www.loraleigh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment