Saturday, October 13, 2012

Back for More by Wendi Darlin


One irresistible woman, two headstrong men, and passions that can't be contained. Will both her cowboys come back for more?

Back For More by Wendi Darlin is the first book in her Wilder, Texas series. I have not had the opportunity to read any of them but I like the way Wendi Darlin writes so I look forward to reading more of her works. I do have to comment on her name. I don’t believe it’s her real name. For a pen name it begs the question why? I ask because when someone types Wendi Darlin into the computer people are probably thinking about Peter Pan, not an erotic author. That being said, I like the way she spells it.
Back For More is about Alana Grainger and Dirk Lowry getting caught in the barn loft by Rayne Hawthorne. Dirk’s initial reaction is to make Rayne go away and pretend he hadn’t seen anything. Alana on the other hand wants Rayne to join them. Alana gets what she wants.
It’s an interesting take on the idea of bondage and control. Alana may be bound but she is in control of the situation at all times. It’s just the way she likes it. I like the bondage in the barn. I grew up around barns and it’s always been a secret fantasy. Too bad I can’t act on it in my adult years.
Wendi Darlin presents an interesting idea of whether or not a threesome would be so easy if one person wanted to exclude the other from the trio. I like reading about ménages but the way they are presented makes them sound easy and Wendi Darlin brings up the jealousy and mistrust that comes from the original building of the relationship. Realistic and still fantastical at the same time.
Overall this book was a good read. I like being able to relate to the characters and these characters were relatable. They are fantasy worthy but they are realistic in a way that makes you think if you went to Wilder, Texas that you could actually meet them. In the end I give this book 3.5 stars.

Publisher: Siren Publishing
ISBN-13: 978-1606014752
Price: $5.39 (Kindle)
www.wendidarlin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment