Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sexy is Never Ignored by Destiny Blaine



He is Sports and Entertainment World's Man of the Year. She is the woman lucky enough to marry the highest paid quarterback in the history of the Professional Football Confederacy, but Cassie Teller's luck doesn't stop there.

They are the Tellers and some believe they're untouchable. They enjoy a lavish lifestyle with all the perks to go along with it. This includes a discreet threesome.

But those living in the public eye seldom escape the press unscathed. When Cassie decides she wants one more man, a bitter ex-wife drives the press closer and closer to unveiling one very dark secret. Soon two professional football super-stars face the unthinkable--losing their careers.  

Sexy is Never Ignored by Destiny Blaine is an interesting tale. Perhaps I should start with the introduction provided above. “Soon two professional football super-stars face the unthinkable…” Ummm perhaps Destiny Blaine needs to write a better ending.

Okay to start with I will complain and then tell you what’s good because this book sort of irritated me. I’m complaining about the lack of story. This one you step into the middle of these people’s lives and then quickly gloss over the actual story and plotline and especially the conflict totally focus on the sex and then end the story. I feel like I was gypped of the actual story. Not to say that her writing is bad, it’s actually very good and especially the sex scenes, but the conflict was glossed over in a matter of paragraphs and then what, we’re left waiting for the actual plot to make sense. And instead we’re looking at the ending of the book. I was disappointed.

Okay, now that I’m done ranting; the sex scenes in this book were HOT! She’s very good at getting the reader into the moment and letting them enjoy themselves to her characters delight. This particular book was about Cassie’s desire for three men in her bed. She ‘loved’ them all. I put love in connotations because it feels like the character just wants what she wants and doesn’t take the time to think about any consequences. The men do not touch each other. All of their focus is on Cassie.

When I finished with this book I was grateful for the sex scenes and the distraction of the book but I felt like the plotline needed work and definitely needed expanded. I am going to rate this book 2.5 stars.

Publisher: Siren Publishing
ISBN: 1610345150
Price: $3.99 (Bookstrand.com)
www.destinyblaine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment