Monday, October 15, 2012

Rachel's Seduction by Jenny Penn




Bored with the monotony of her everyday life, Rachel Adams makes a reckless mistake that tumbles her into the middle of a Cattleman’s fantasy.
A wild night of devilish pleasure with Killian Kregor and Adam Whitman may be enough to satisfy Rachel’s carnal fantasies, but it only whets the deputies' appetite for more.

            Rachel’s Seduction by Jenny Penn is the second in the Cattleman’s Club series. The Cattleman’s Club really has nothing to do with the plot of the story other than being a connecting factor with the other two books, so far, in the series. Rachel Allen is a local reporter who thinks she’s hit on something big when she hears about a big party out at the Cattleman’s Club. When she tries to get away she’s caught by Killian Kregor and Adam Whitman who are running security for the night.
            That’s the beginning of the plot. From there Rachel finds herself totally outmatched by these men. It’s a good thing though because she likes the way they take control over her sexuality. I mean, what woman hasn’t fantasized over two men controlling her pleasure? However, Jenny Penn did an excellent job describing the different scenes and the way that they morphed between fantasy and reality.
            One part I did have a slight bit of trouble digesting was: “Don’t you want me?” The question, asked in her little girl lost voice, stilled him.  I really feel like this was playing dirty with the characters. Men can’t seem to resist the lost little girl voice. On the other hand it set up the character to really draw the men in when it could have turned the other way. I was pretty happy with it after thinking about it.
            Another scene that had me cracking up with laughter was: “Well you can only marry one of us,” Adam responded.
            “Marry?”
            “Whoever she doesn’t choose is the sidekick.”
            “I’m so going to love screwing your wife when this is all over,” Killian smirked.
            “And who says I’m going to marry him?” That shocked both of them. “You never know, Killian, I just might decide that marrying you would be the perfect punishment. Then I’ll name my first son Adam.”
            “You wouldn’t dare.”
            “Try me.”
This cracked me up because I can just imagine the look on Killian’s face when he realizes that she just might do exactly that. Jenny Penn doesn’t write weak characters. They might be swooning during sex but her characters are mischievous and devious. I love that about the characters.
            Overall I would say this is an excellent book to read. As part of the Cattleman’s Club series it is great. Jenny Penn is swiftly becoming a favorite so I suggest reading her material. On its own this book is great and holds up in character development even though it is short. I give this book 4 stars.

Publisher: Siren Publishing
ASIN: B004FV54LA
Price: $7.69 (Kindle)

No comments:

Post a Comment