Monday, October 15, 2012

Considering Kate by Nora Roberts




A New Dream…
She’d turned her back on glamour and fame and Kate Stanislaski Kimball had come home to begin a new life. The only thing more perfect than the beautiful – dilapidated – building  she’d bought for her new dance school was Brody O’Connell, the frustrating, surprisingly fascinating contractor she’d hired for the renovation.
A man didn’t often come across a woman as gorgeous, sensuous, provocative…and utterly irritating as Kate. But Brody was determined to resist her effortless allure. She was Natasha Stanislaski’s pampered, perfect daughter, and was not at all the right woman for him. But every fiber of his being longed to make her his…

Kate had decided she was sick of being away from her family. So she quit ballet and decided to open her own dance school in her hometown so she could be closer to family. Brody was the man to help her fix the dilapidated building and turn it into the dream she envisioned. Kate fell for Brody the first time they met. The more she saw him the more she liked him. She fell even harder when she found out he was a single father. Eventually Brody felt the same for her.
This story is relatively short. Not as short as several anthology books I’ve read but in terms of printed books, this one is short. It’s easy to put down and come back to which is nice. I guess my complaint is that the story ended. I wanted it to be longer.
Considering Kate is a Stanislaski Novel, which means it’s one of four books as of 2001, which is the copyright on the book I have. After a little bit of internet research, it looks like there are actually 6 books but several are 2-in-1 books. I haven’t read any of the others yet so I’m happy to declare that this one stands on its own. You don’t have to understand the relationship of several of the other characters because it doesn’t affect Kate or Brody.
There was one part of the book that made me cry. Not a sad cry but the oh-my-god-that’s-so-sweet cry. The little boy Jack proposes to Kate. It wasn’t a marry ‘me’ situation so much as a marry ‘us’. It was sweet because he was trying to convince her with things like ‘I’ll be good’ and things like that. I was sitting in the living room reading that when I started crying and my husband thought one of the characters died. It was sort of funny the way he tried to comfort me and I couldn’t explain. In the end I can laugh about it.
Overall I would definitely recommend reading this. Nora Roberts has such a way with writing the characters that you can almost see them in your mind. She makes each book stand on its own but I’m betting that reading the other ones will enhance the reading of this book. I have decided to rate this book a 4.25 stars.

Publisher: Silhouette Books
ISBN: 0-373-24379-0
Price: $4.50 (cover)
www.noraroberts-books.com
www.eHarlequin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment